FormulaTV Foros

Foro Los hombres de Paco

Pepa and Silvia Invasion (Pepsi)

Anterior 1 2 3 Siguiente
Wander78
Wander78
22/06/2009 18:05
Alright, from America, we here only care about Pepa and Silvia.
Why is it that in previous seasons they have great screen time, and now all we see is Los hombres de Aitor.

I am requesting more Pepa and Silvia screen time, alone time, cute time and most of all Pepsi without interruptions. Plus a Marian Aguilara monologue.

The writer have done a great job building these two characters, so why not have more of it.
midnight
midnight
28/06/2009 20:21
A real risk is got to have a reason to be.Something that doesn't fit must get off.Something that doesn't weight is gone away with the wind.The harder they come the harder they'll fall.
muertealaschonis
muertealaschonis
28/06/2009 22:49
I really don't know your reasons. Why are you telling us something like that? Do you believe in The Love? Do you believe in this relationship?
midnight
midnight
28/06/2009 23:08
Believe me,I do believe in love as much as I can.That's not the subject.I started watching this serie and,being a comedy,I enjoyed every single character playing in it.Suddenly,a new rol came in and with no sense of comedy at all,joined the whole thing.That was ok for me,but since then a concrete and NO mayority part of the audience,you guys started demanding on and on more screen time for a couple that in NO way play the main roles.Let's be realistic.Just a tiny part of the audience are involved with that couple.But no,you guys started demanding more and more.Aren't you happy enough?Seems like some of you don't understand that the main characters,subjects,and couples are others.With all my respects,The harder they come the harder they'll fall.
muertealaschonis
muertealaschonis
28/06/2009 23:31
You don't like this couple because they aren't main characters but you are saying something like you don't want this couple turn into main characters so it's impossible you like this couple ever...
jt4702
jt4702
29/06/2009 01:26
All I have to say to the last couple of messages is a big "HUH?" While I understand that neither Silvia nor Pepa are, as some of you say, "main characters" I don't see what harm it can do for their fans to want a bit more screen time for them. If (and this is a huge IF) the producers and/or writers somehow follow this forum and see this, then it should be up to them to decide whether or not they want to give those two characters more screen time. I personally wouldn't mind seeing the whole ensemble be more active, and yes, I wouldn't mind seeing more screen time for either ladies, since I like their characters. If I had my way, they would appear on screen to be more than just a couple and actually help solve cases and such. Silvia as their medical examiner/top forensic analyst should by default have a more active role since it is her job to look for clues and proof for open cases and such. As for Pepa, being an officer and such, it would be nice to see her kick some behind, and help her brother and not just be Silvia's girlfriend/fianceé and Sara's aunt.

They could have an episode of flashbacks and such to give us a more fleshed out view of Pepa's past. What she went through when she left at 18. Was her decision to stay in San Antonio due to the fact that she had a successful reunion with her brother? Did Silvia's request for Pepa to stay have any influence? Did the failed relationship with the superior in Sevilla play a big role for her decision to stay? The possibilities are endless.

Then again, we could have eps that focus on others, like, say Rita, or Povedilla, or Curtis, or Kike. Since the are officially part of Paco's unit, but for whatever reason, that hasn't happened yet. All I am saying is that for a show with such a big cast, I understand that it is hard to please everyone since we all have different tastes, and it is supposed to be about the life of Paco and his unit/men. But who is to say that his sister and sister in law don't form part of that unit now?

Cheers everyone

P.S. since the majority of this post has been done in English, I decided to post in English as well.
muertealaschonis
muertealaschonis
29/06/2009 01:41
I agree completely with you, jt4702 .
katja15
katja15
29/06/2009 04:09
did you ever think about why pepa and silvia were brought in the show?because rating decreased.people wanted some thing different not same old same old as you said main charcters.so they got pepa in and made a lesbian story and what you know the show is now known all over the world and if you go to youtube you can see how many times pepa and silvia video have been viewed compare to anybody else video and i also know why pepa and silvia have not been in more scenes this season because one was doing a movie the other one was doing fashion show so they didnt have time. that's why they werent in enough episodes not because they are not main charcters.i am sure even los hombres de paco pepole know how big pepa and silvia charcters have become.i am sure los hombres de paco people never thought that the show will be watched in canada by a person who dosn't even understand spanish.i think this is a big award for the show that it's known all over the world just for these two amazing charcters.
swift
swift
29/06/2009 06:38
i AGREE w/ katja15 well said my friend!!
midnight
midnight
29/06/2009 12:26
With all my sincere respects again,you are wrong.That love story is only supported by a concrete and totally respectable minority.But,here is where the confussion comes out;that minority is going through tis one and others sites making a lot of noise,which is a 100% understandable and respectable.Let me ask you a question:what is the percentage of lesbian population among girls all over the world?Because I can totally asure you that the rest of the population don't like that story.And is not because homofobic ideas or any bullshit,no.Is simply because it don't fit in such a comedy like Los hombres de Paco.This is not the L word.But instead of being satisfied,you've been demanding more and more with no sense of measurement at all.Well,keep on going,but I know what I'm talking about.Positively.
puskarino
puskarino
29/06/2009 12:44
no me adapto al idioma de este post....jajajja..o ha ha ha
Albertine00
Albertine00
29/06/2009 12:57
Here is a list of the countries of the people who contribute to the Pepa and Silvia on LHDP forum on the AfterEllen website. Not only readers but people who actually take time to write posts:

Australia
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
China (and Hong Kong)
Costa Rica
France
Indonesia
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
Norway
Peru
Philippines
Singapore
Spain
Sweden
Taiwan
Turkey
United Kingdom
USA

Some of these people are gay, some are straight, some are bisexual, bollomacho, tortisexual or whatever. The reason why they follow this couple is because the writers and the actresses have given them life in a very moving and powerful way. Of course it's nice for gays to get some visibility on TV, with characters that are not just suicidal, depressed, unhappy, stereotypical, but playful, loving and original. But that is not the only reason why Pepa and Silvia have such a following.
Sometimes the fictional characters invented by writers start to have a life of their own. It is the case for Pepa and Silvia. The writers should be faithful to their characters and follow them wherever it takes them. Anyone can see that Pepa and Silvia BURN the screen together. Which is why it would be nice to see their story have the space it deserves (in a series that remains choral of course and we all love it for that) and not be disproportionately dislodged by the tedious love scenes between Aitor and Sara.

@midnight: if you can only identify with people who are like you, you are limiting your experience. When I watch Bambi, I identify with Bambi; Daniel Craig, James Bond; Johnny Depp, a pirate; Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, a couple of gay cowboys. I am none of these in real life, and neither am I a Spanish lesbian cop. FICTION is all about the pleasure of identifying with who we are NOT in real life. It expands and enriches our lives.
jeminai
jeminai
29/06/2009 13:43
I'm in.
I must admit that what caught my attention was the lesbian storyline on LHDP which isn't a bad thing.
The writers did a great job in developing their story which only intensified the desire of the fans to see more of the characters, which in my opinion, is not bad either.
As what Albertine posted, PepSi and Ldhp is now global.
You have managed to capture a wide audience and the majority of us are non-Spanish speaking who are now trying desperately to improve our knowledge of that language.
I know that not everyone is in the same vein but hey!
Since you've included this character on your show for reasons which will completely elude the majority, why not make the best of it?
You've succeeded in bringing your show to a wider audience and perhaps you cannot deny that PepSi is responsible for bringing them in.
Kudos!
jt4702
jt4702
29/06/2009 14:02
@midnight, so your only beef with Pepa/Silvia is because their relationship doesn't mesh with the overall theme of the show? If that is the case then, no romantic relationship in the show, be it between a straight couple of a gay couple, should form part of the storyline whatsoever. If a romantic relationship has no basis on a police comedy, then there should be no mention of Paco's love life or Lucas' love life, or Mariano's love life, Sara's love life, Povedilla's love life, Rita's love life, Curtis love life... get my drift? Or do I need to keep naming "superfluous" relationships involving what, by your definition, are considered 'main' characters of an ensemble comedy/drama series.

What most of the people in this particular thread are doing is very similar to what others have been doing. Showing their/our support to a couple and/or characters they/we like, and therefore wouldn't mind seeing more on screen. And it's not just that they/we want them to just jump each other and make out and/or go at it like bunnies. They/we would like to see a more develop story line where they actually contribute to the plot and not just the defacto lesbian couple. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, that means that it would be nice to see them oh, I don't know, help out with their respective skills when capturing and/or solving a case.

Thing is, this particular thread started when fans from other countries wanted a bit more participation for the characters they identify with the most. Should some perhaps have phrased their request a bit better? Probably. Just like some of the more die hard fans of Lucas should tone down their hate for Aitor and/or Sara. It's about perception.

And again, I will repeat myself here. Just because we want more of something doesn't necessarily mean we're going to get it. If that was the case, I would have won the last big 6/49 jackpot here, and my dogs would actually come when called. You don't like Pepa/Silvia on screen making out like bunnies? Do something else when they're on. When I see something i don't like on screen, from any show I follow, I play a game of solitaire or check my e-mail, or do something else until what I don't like goes away. I know this show is an ensemble show. I know it means that to my chagrin, there will be story lines involving characters I don't like, just like there will be story lines involving characters I like. I know that defending on what the writers and/or producers feel like, the story lines involving the characters I do like will more than likely in future eps do something that will have me cursing out loud at my monitor (yes, being a foreigner, I watch every ep through antena 3's website). It's life, and like everything else in life, there is no certainty that I will like every aspect of it.

Instead of seeing people's request for more visibility for something you're not too fond of, why not see it as something positive. Like the fact that because of that very story line and character you seem to dislike so much is one of the main causes (maybe even THE only cause) Los Hombres de Paco has such an international following. Shouldn't you be proud that a tv show that isn't American, or British, or French, or Canadian, but a show produced and developed in Spain has so many fans all over the world? The list given by Albertine and Ebdaly in previous posts show only the people who actually comment and delurk to show support. The number of fans that stay quietly in the background is even bigger.

In other words, live and let live. Don't like what's being discussed in this thread, no one is forcing you to read and/or follow it.

For those of yo wondering why I keep posting in English, well, for now, it seems that the majority of the discussion has been done in this language. Perhaps later, with more time, I might write down more of my thoughts in Spanish.

Cheers everyone.
midnight
midnight
30/06/2009 13:25
All right,here is the question.What would you think if pepa suddenly falls in love with a man,let's say Aitor,montoya or even Curtis?That could happen,as long as Silvia is been hetero all her life and now has fallen in love for a girl,no?Real love is free,don't mind about sex,ideas or colour of the skin.Would you guys still support the serie with such emphasis?C'mon,where is the real free minded audience?Cheers
muertealaschonis
muertealaschonis
30/06/2009 13:37
THERE is the question? All right, I would think the same thing if that happened that if a meteorite would strike with Earth. What a pity! C'mon, Life is real, Life is for living it. I love them. Cheers.

I mean, things happen. But you can do or not they happen.
midnight
midnight
30/06/2009 13:45
You see?Real open minded opinions,as i supossed. "Be careful with that axe,Eugene".
muertealaschonis
muertealaschonis
30/06/2009 13:47
Would you guys still support the serie with such emphasis?C'mon,where is the real free minded audience?

Yes, I would.
It's here.

What do you claim?
midnight
midnight
30/06/2009 14:01
With all my respects again and again,in no way i'm going to start a discussion or an netfight. i already got what i expected.God bless you all and be ready for whatever the future brings,good or bad news
muertealaschonis
muertealaschonis
30/06/2009 14:04
Of course, God save the queen.

But I don't understand why do you want they fail almost before beginning?
jt4702
jt4702
30/06/2009 14:13
As long as it is done in a believable fashion, Pepa and/or Silvia could fall in love in future eps with any of the other characters in the show. Hell, they can even bring in a brand new character for one of them to fall in love with. It is a fictional story, so as long as it is done in a way that doesn't seem forced, I might bitch and moan about it for a bit, but in the end, I will continue to enjoy the show.

When I started to watch the show, Pepa and Silvia weren't together. I enjoyed the eps I managed to catch through A3 webcast, and so far I have managed to catch up with most of the older eps from previous seasons. I love the show. It is funny, and for the most part, well written. I personally don't follow the show for one specific pair or characters. Do I have my favourite characters? Of course I do. Do I want to see them on screen more? Again, of course I do. My only requests are as follow:
1. They don't lose the essence of who they are. For Silvia, that's pretty easy because her character has been more of less fleshed out for 8 seasons or so in the span of about 4 years, give or take a couple of months here and there. For Pepa it's more difficult because we don't know much about the character, which again, brings back the argument that the writers/producers should give us a bit more insight on who she was/is now.

2. The story lines that involve said characters aren't so preposterous that they have most people going "Huh? WTF????"

Case in point, look at the whole situation with Sara/Aitor/Lucas. That has got to be one of the biggest clusterfucks that is currently on tv. I won't go in details here, since this isn't the thread for that. I will expand on that where it belongs.

The bone I have to pick with the producers/writers of the show is the fact that they have at their disposal a very talented group of actors with some very interesting and well developed characters and they don't take advantage of it. They limit what and how they show the characters involved in the show, depending on of course who happens to be the more popular actor/character with what they consider their target audience, which, sadly, it seems their target demographic happens to be teenagers.

I guess that is the problem with ensemble shows. When you have a large pool of actors/characters, there will always be a discrepancy over who has more screen time, and who is more popular with fans and such.
Anterior 1 2 3 Siguiente